Friday, November 21, 2008

Apologies.. :(

I would like to sincerely apologise for lack no updates since september. But I have an honest explanation.. i do .. i do.

I just started my first year of University and well you guessed it I have been extrmly busy plus I have NO KITCHEN. If you count the shared kitchen then yeah but dude I refuse to use it .. unless the need is too great .. like this once..

So I'm in malaysia right not and i have access to the greatest fruits and vegetables imaginable and i cant really cook anythng because i dont have a ktichen (as previously stated) and i dont have any utencils :'(

Anyway, I was out grocery shopping and I come across black rice, I have heard about it but never actually seen it (you where i live and stuff) so i bought it immedialty and finally after months of no cooking went to the shared kitchen and boiled rice.

What did I have with the rice, if your wondering.. nothing. well i did have celery and some arabic pickles that i got but yea .. I cant afford the luxury of having something to go with rice, I mean why can't rice not be eaten by itself?!

When I cooked the rice, it turned purple!! yes my friends you read this correctly -- it turned PURPLE! So now i call it purple rice! :)

It had this very nutty flavour, so unlike the regular boring rice. Thus it could be eaten by itself. :D

It doesn't require any recipe just soak it for 4 hours or so (I soaked it overnight - so much more efficient) and then boiled with a pinch of salt for approximately 45 minutes.

ze lovely pictors:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4 comments:

Kitchen Flavours said...

Allhumdulliah nice to see you back. I was wondering what happened to my sweet little girl. Black/purple rice looks gr8.

Abeer said...

Thank you, for your lovely comment. despite my absence i have been continuously following your blog and bookmarking recipes that i inshalla intend to make as soon as i get bak :D

syeda said...

Salam Abeer! I found your blog through Kitchen Flavours, I tried out your Umm Ali, it turned out great,thanx for sharing..ur purple rice looks gr8!thanx for sharing!

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com